bersandro

Mankati XT Plus and Cura

bersandro    0

Hello folks! I've a Mankati xt plus and i would like to use the latest version of Cura with this machine instead Mankati software that's too old, someone could give me some suggestions? Thanks

Hi James

Is that configuration files enables the dual printing as for the Ultimaker 3 ?

Best

David

David,

My apologies for not seeing your question. I did not receive a notification of your post to the thread. 

It is for single extrusion. The parameters for the use of the second nozzle need to be activated/input. And it has no affiliation with an Ultimaker printer either, purely my settings for the Fullscale XT Plus, period.

Regards,

James.

I have a problem here printer does not print files from cura any reason why that might be ?

Hi Sagnak,

Would love to help, though could you please provide more information of your problem. Are you printing remotely with the SD card or tethered to a computer?

Regards,

James. 

David    6

David,

My apologies for not seeing your question. I did not receive a notification of your post to the thread. 

It is for single extrusion. The parameters for the use of the second nozzle need to be activated/input. And it has no affiliation with an Ultimaker printer either, purely my settings for the Fullscale XT Plus, period.

Regards,

James.

Hi James

No problem, I've solved it in between. and Cura version 2.3 is working on dual extrusion for my Mankati.

It is a bit of .json tweaking, but quite easy.

Attached my files, but you need to check the starting script in the machine definition, as everybody has its own way of doing it.

You also need to change the hotends offsets as my printer is modified with E3D V6. It's in the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json file

Then you have to copy the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual.def.json file in the ressources/definitions part of Cura 2.3

Then you have to copy the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_1st.def.json and mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json files in the ressources/extruders part of Cura 2.3

Then you can create your machine inside Cura.

Hope it helps.

David

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual.def.json

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_1st.def.json

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json

• Like 1

Sagnak    0
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, James Armstrong said:

Hi Sagnak,

Would love to help, though could you please provide more information of your problem. Are you printing remotely with the SD card or tethered to a computer?

Regards,

James. 

Hi James,

I am trying to print from the sd card as cura and tethering doesn't seem to work

when I upload the design from cura to the sd card printer does move but doesn't preheat sometimes or sometimes doesn't even start at all

Sagnak    0
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, David said:

Hi James

No problem, I've solved it in between. and Cura version 2.3 is working on dual extrusion for my Mankati.

It is a bit of .json tweaking, but quite easy.

Attached my files, but you need to check the starting script in the machine definition, as everybody has its own way of doing it.

You also need to change the hotends offsets as my printer is modified with E3D V6. It's in the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json file

Then you have to copy the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual.def.json file in the ressources/definitions part of Cura 2.3

Then you have to copy the mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_1st.def.json and mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json files in the ressources/extruders part of Cura 2.3

Then you can create your machine inside Cura.

Hope it helps.

David

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual.def.json

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_1st.def.json

mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json

Hi David

I have the original xt plus heads so to use them which part do I need to change ?

also what are the improvements of E3D V6 hot end over the original

Thank you

sagnak

David    6

Hi Sagnak

With the original xt plus heads, the offset between the two heads is a bit different, so you'll have to change it in mankati_fullscale_xt_plus_dual_2nd.def.json

To have the right measurement, the best is perform some test prints dual colors and adjust the value. Attached some tests files.

E3D V6 are highly rated hotends, full metal so you can safely run at 280°C with the standard thermistors. The quality is improved due to the nozzles design and manufacturing. Very reliable and accurate.

David

Lower.stl

One_Color.stl

Upper.stl