Leeman    0

I am printing on a Mankati Fullscale XT, recently I have been experiencing a weird issue where several layers at the beginning re progressively off-centre.

I have attached an image below.  (I CANNOT ADD A PHOTO, IT FAILS ON UPLOAD EACH TIME???)  As shown I am trying to make a simple tower and it slides over by a small amount each time.

Does anybody know why this is happening and what i can do to fix the issue?

Leeman    0

Hello Mankati Support.

I have tightened these screws on both side. The problem still exists.

Can you provide any other instructions and images to show exactly where i should be adjusting?

20170611_014335.jpg

mvm    12

Hi Leeman,

It looks like you are having a similar problem I have had once last year. 

It was caused by one of the belt pulleywheels attached to the rotating rods that was slipping. In my case, I had to replace one of those very tiny screws because I could not tighten it strongly enough to keep it from slipping on the axis.

Let me know if it works.

• Like 1

Leeman    0

Thanks MVM,

I have tightened every screw, gears, motors etc.

Mankati support have provided new firmware etc., Still have the issue.

I will try your suggestion, but I cannot see anything that is obvious affecting the pulleys.

May I ask you if you the issue was consistent? In my case each layer moves by an exact amount..

Below are the photos of several test prints. All of these are suppose to be vertical.  (some of the prints look different because I changed the machine settings.)

20170613_220539.jpg

Leeman    0

MVM, Sorry to ask again,

How could you tell it was slipping? I mean, how did you identify which screw and pulley?

Do you make them or wiggle them etc? 

Everything is tightened as much as possible.

mvm    12

Hi Leeman,

Well, I discovered it by accident. But my problem was not as consistent as yours. My X/Y-axis changes seemed to be random so I first thought I was doing something wrong myself.

And yes, I held onto the rods with one hand and then tried to move the printhead, If you can move it while the rod is standing still, the pulley is slipping.

But in your case, I would suggest something else is wrong. Have you checked to motor steps ? 

Are you using the Mankati 6.5.3 slicer software?

Leeman    0

Hi MVM,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I am using Mankati 6.5.3 slicer software and firmware for the 800 step green main board provided by Mankati.  (Firmware 3.140612)

Checking the motor steps, where to check, physical or in machine settings?