abhi569

pause and resume prints

David    6

While printing click on the encoder to go to the menu, there's a Pause Print option available, afterwards you can resume the print directly in the menu.

Be careful, while paused, the steppers are disabled so the head could potentially move. Also there is a bug in the original firmware and on resume, the print may be offsetted.

David

abhi569    0

Hi 

Thanks for the reply David.

Anyway to overcome the offset problem.

the steppers will not move as i will be taking care of that.

the thing is power outages are common where i live so i am adding a UPS so that i have the time to pause the print manually. But resuming it again is an issue since there is some oozing from the nozzle and the offset you are talking about.

also how to prime the nozzle after resuming print since sometimes after resuming the material does not flow immediately 

David    6

Hi

Regarding the offset, the best thing is to upgrade to Marlin 1.1. See my post on the New Firmware, it solves the issue.

Regarding the oozing, normally during a pause, you can move the head out of the part and move the extruder using the command panel.

So you can purge the nozzle safely and prime it. Then resume the print with the primed nozzle.

David