3dbelanger

nijaflex

3dbelanger    0

hey guys,  I would like to know if someone have try the ninjaflex filament on mankati printer . me I did some test but is always failing . I im suspecting the I.D of the PTFE tube is to big I think a smaller value like will help just enough to not getting the filament zigzaging in the tube .

seadog    5

With a softer filament I guess it is a matter of an even finer balance between flow rate and temperature. You will probably have to play around with those settings.

mvm    12

I haven't tried the exact NinjaFlex, but I have printed with FlexPLA, which is also a rubberlike material.

First, you need to print very slow. I print at 20-25 mm/s, so prints take a long time.

Second, I print on blue tape with glue and a heated bed of 55 degrees. And even then, on long prints, The edges tend to curl up when printing.

I have had some trouble with the filament not feeding right, so you will have to play a bit with on how tight you want the filament feeder wheel to be. Too tight and it really squashed the filament and will stop feeding. I tested it by making a small 2x2 cm square wall and printing it using a raft.

MissSpiff    1

I've printed with NinjaFlex and no problem at all. I orderd a test sample pack and printed some bracelets with it so no big objects. I'm planning on printing a handbag with NinjaFlex but I havn't found the time yet to do it because you have to print slow and it will take some ours/days to print it.

Michael    0

Hi MissSpiff,

can an you share your feeds, speeds and anything else that made ninja flex successful.......I have not been successful and trying at moment to fit a slightly tighter ID tube....

cheers

3dbelanger    0

thanks guy for those reply i will retry it  at 15 mm/s . Are you using alot the retraction when u print those filament because, like i said the soft filament are zigzaging in the ptfe tubing so there a lot of lentacy. retraction will cause some under extrusion because of that . anyway i will redo a test print today

3dbelanger    0

ok i have try still spitting on the bed my print speed is set to 10 mm/sec . i had to clean my nozzle so when i did i saw the small ptfe tube in the heatsink was damaged and reducing the hole size so maybe this is my problem this making the filament generate friction . also im using bontech extruder maybe they are not suitable for this kind of filament .anyway , first i will try with the heatsink tube repared to see what i get

mvm    12

I have no experience with Ninjaflex specifically, but I have been printed quite a bit with another flexible material from FormFutura called Flexifill and it is an amazing material.

Not only is it relatively easy to print, it is also a very strong material. I tried printing a phone case with it, but the first print came loose from the printbed.
With the heatbed at 80 degrees, I solved that problem, but I have used the bottom of that failed print as a test case for strength and I have been simply unable to tear it apart.

The layers with Flexifill really stick together and make the print very very sturdy. 

Alkbert    1

I gave up trying to print flexible material on this bowden printer. The filament tends to stump up in the bowden and due to the extremely long printing time with low speed the risk of jamming is to high for my purposes. I got a Witbox 2 as a secondary printer which is direct drive and 1,75 and works quite well, even up to 40 mm/sec.

Maisie    0

With Mankati E180, it is OK to print ninjaflex materials, because it is direct drive system.

Bowden extruder may only can work with the flex materials at 96A, 96D or 98D.

Yes, E180 can print flex materials very well and easily, our official has launched the TPU flex materials.

cosmowave    0

I 've printed Ninjaflex on my Mankati Fullscale XT plus without problems.

The important point is the pressure on the filament feeder. You have to tight it very less! I have printed without retract, so you have a continuos feeding. But try high travel-speed to avoid oozing.

Alkbert    1

I´ve tried it once with a very poor outcome but with the original extruders. Maybe the meanwhile installed Bondtech QR could improve it somehow. I generally changed my prints with flexible materials to the Witbox 2 due to the fact that ninja doesn´t need any heatable buildplate. But it´s good to know that higher speeds would reduce the oozing significantly. Thanks for that.

9Tail    1

Hi,

I had printed some other flex filaments in XT Plus, hope this could offer some helps.

Firstly, the feeding is OK, it's not proper to tight the filament very hard, well fix it with a slight spring forces to keep smooth extrusion and you can clearly see or feel the feeding gear keeping drawing the filament into tube.

Below are my settings for Flex (3.0mm) in Fullscale XT Plus

Nozzle Temperature: 220 or 230, both OK. 

Bed: 0-20, I often use the cool bed to print small model, 20 degree for bigger model.

Cooling fan: open (like printing PLA)

Speed: 40mm/s in Mankati Um and the default speed in Simplify 3D (I didn't check it.)

Adhesion Type: Raft for big model

Adhesion: common paper tape or hair spray

Other settings are all default parameters in the slicer. 

Infill rates decides the print's rigidity

JPEG_20161216_175325_980868414.thumb.jpgIMG_20161216_175104.thumb.jpg.278b53921fIMG_20161218_195755.thumb.jpg.79b874605a

IMG_20170106_194145.thumb.jpg.6c56a58406

Alkbert    1

Looks great, I never expected this to be possible with our bowden printers. Which layer height do You preferably use with ninja flex and how about the travel speed ? Do You use the standard .4 nozzle oder a thicker (or thinner) one ?

9Tail    1

The flex is not from ninja, because I couldn't find it in my local market.I had used the flex from Polymaker and some others. 

Layer thickness: 0.2mm

Travel speed: 40mm/s

Standard nozzle: 0.4 mm

Edited by 9Tail

9Tail    1

Sorry, the travel speed is 70mm/s, printing speed: 40mm/s

But I would like to try a higher travel speed as Cosmowave suggested.