Sign in to follow this  
geiserp

Issues with mware 1.1.9

geiserp    0

Hi

There are a few issues with mware 1.1.9:

Bug 1, Steps to reproduce, deleting third party profiles

Start mware. Click Settings. In profiles combo box, select manage profiles. Click 'update profile list' -> you'll find that all third party profiles you've added are deleted.

Bug 2, Steps to reproduce, changing temps
Start mware. Click Settings. In profiles combo box, select a material. click add, you'll have a customized profile now. click manage profile. select the new profile and click 'edit.

Set both temperatures, the object print and raft print temperature to 250°C. Click OK. Click Edit again, both fields show 250°C - which is what the user selected. Close all dialogs. Close the program. Open the program again, edit the new profile -> you'll find that mware changed the raft print temperature to 230°C.

I do not like that mware changes the temperatures without informing the user. For a third party profile the software have to respect the values the user has set.

Thanks, Philipp

Edited by geiserp

mokusolo    0

Hi, Philipp

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Bug 1: Unfortunately function "update profile list" is designed at the beginning to do that. I feel so sorry for your loss of third-party profiles. As time flows we changed our idea, that's how "edit" function came. But it seems we haven't take all existing things into consider. We have big changes in next version, this mechanism will be deprecated.

Bug 2: I have to apologize to this bug. I did reproduce it by following your steps. We have been working on the next version these days. It will be fixed. For temporary, if you do need the edit, you can(1)close mWare (2)go to C:\Users\..\Local\mware\profiles\mPLA-Customised.cfg(for example), edit "material_print_temperature" to what you want such as 250°C (3)reopen mWare now, change profile to anyone else and change back to mpla-customised, click ok button, just to make sure it’s activated. Slice to see if it takes effect.

If you have any more problem, please reply. Thank you!

geiserp    0

Hi

Some new bugs:

1) Loses Alignment. Steps to reproduce:

Create a simple form, 195 x 6 x 6 (can be done in tinkercad in less than 30 seconds)

Load the form in mware

The form is greyed out, because it is to large, that's ok

click rotate

Enter 45° in Y Axis (shouln't it be Z axis??)

Press Enter

Now the form is orange, looks ok

Press slice or anywhere else

Bug -> Now the 45° alignment is lost, form is greyed out again

Fix -> After Scale, press 'arange', then it's ok

2) No connection time out message with low cpu machines:

On a a machine with low cpu power, pressing 'print' does not work. It is not really a bug, but it is confusion because the user thinks on a network or operating system error at first (this happend actually to me). A 'connection timed out' message would help a lot.

3) Slice loop

I still trying how to reproduce this issue. Often it is slicing 'for ever'. The slicing progress bar is repeadetly looping. A restart of mware helps in this case

4) Pre-heated bed won't reset

This is a minor bug. Using remote control, pre-heat the bed to 90°C. Then print anything that requires a lower bed temperature than 90° (e.g. ABS for example).

bug: Printing starts with 90°C now

Edited by geiserp