Michael

PTFE feeder tube

seadog    5

You need to hold the black collar down against the brass sleeve while the tube is pulled upwards. This prevents the teeth on the 'black bit' being pulled up the taper and gripping the tube.

bye

Michael    0

You need to hold the black collar down against the brass sleeve while the tube is pulled upwards. This prevents the teeth on the 'black bit' being pulled up the taper and gripping the tube.

bye

hi Seadog,

tried but not having success......I've pushed the collar down as far as it will go......but when I pull the tube it won't budge......I'm fearful of pulling to hard so as not to cause damage.     How hard are you supposed to pull?    When I pulled it was almost lifting the printer!!!!

cheers

Joe    1

Hi Michael

I made the same experience - sometimes the teeth got stuck in the tube (bitten to hard in it) and then pressing the black collard down doesn't help at all !

Unfortunately there is not much you can do against it - I replaced them with high quality FESTO parts which so far are working fine.

first unscrew the brass from the aluminum block - then cut the PTFE tube right above the black ring. afterwards you can pull the 3cm rest out of the tube ! you will recognize that there are quite heavy scratch marks on the tube - the more you pull - the harder it gets out.

cheers Joe

mvm    12

Hi Michael

I made the same experience - sometimes the teeth got stuck in the tube (bitten to hard in it) and then pressing the black collard down doesn't help at all !

Unfortunately there is not much you can do against it - I replaced them with high quality FESTO parts which so far are working fine.

first unscrew the brass from the aluminum block - then cut the PTFE tube right above the black ring. afterwards you can pull the 3cm rest out of the tube ! you will recognize that there are quite heavy scratch marks on the tube - the more you pull - the harder it gets out.

cheers Joe

Does this work for the Fullscale XT as well.

I am having more and more often problems with insufficient filament feeding (printer now as 2400 hours of printing time).

When I look at the end of the PTFE-tube going into the nozzle it has become all black around the muzzle.

I would like to cut the end off so I am starting afresh, but am a little at a loss on how to to this. 
I don't want to experience a long down-time because I am messing things up.