Kristian BR

Warping problems and solutions

Kristian BR    0

I had a big problem with warping mainly on models with a large ground area (I use a kind of capton tape that doesn't stick on both sides).

At Youtube i found the solution to the problem: Use a glue-stick (non-toxic) which you can buy almost anywhere, and glue the area on the heated bed.

It works very well and doesn't cost anything.

Michael    0

Yep been using glue stick for quite some time......very easy and effective

the brand I use is the Elmers purple washable glue......seems the best I found and easy to wash off after many layers to start fresh layers.   Also use single sided Clapton as well.

cheers

RogerSt    0

I Love 3DLack on glass.

super easy to remove, if the glass is cold and sticks super good while printing with heatbed on 60c

Edited by RogerSt

Alkbert    1

Hadn´t had much effort both with glue stick (UHU) as well as with both sided capton and hairspray. I meanwhile use on PLA with a cold platform some sort of both sided plinth (skirting board) tape (auf deutsch: Fußbodensockelleistenklebeband, try to translate this, good luck!) which is extremely strong but tends to build bubbles on the surface as soon as the platform gets heated up. With ABS I usually heat up the platform to 90°C and use blue masking tape (scotch brite).

Rexfreund    2

Hi There,

i have bought a 3D-Lac Spray and i use it on the original printingbed for all prints without warping.

PLA with 50-55° C and ABS with 90-105°C Nylon with 80° C
The best results with PLA i got with the filament from the german company OrbiTech (OrbiTech)

The Cambox is printed with 0,16 mm Layer with transparent blue PLA

Cambox1.jpg

Cambox2.jpg

Edited by Rexfreund

mvm    12

I also use 3DLac almost exclusively now for all my prints, from PLA, ABS, PETG, NGEN, Nylon, Flexifil.

However, I found you have to be careful how much 3D Lac you use. I have already broken one print bed because the print stuck so well after it was finished, it just would not come loose (print bed was cold by the time I tried).

One of the advantages of 3DLac is that is can be rinsed off with a sponge and some water. After every couple of prints, I simply wipe off all the excess spray until I have a perfectly clean print bed again and then spray a thin new layer again.
It makes the underside of my prints super smooth and sometimes even mirror like :)