ToliyK    0

Hello all,

I have a Mankati fullscale XT. I been printing on it for about 2+ years. 

Recently i have decided to build a drone, so i needed a frame. I went to thingiverse and downloaded Hovership's STL files. 

Basically i printed the (clean upper) file at 15mm/s initial and 100mm/s upper layers with no problem (printed a set of 2 in 1 job)

The second file i tried (base lower) file @15mm/s initial and 100mm/s final (printed 2 in 1 job). Layers shifted about 1.25 to the right and it was just a huge mess. It was not the first time that happened. 

So, i figured the software got all confused, because of too many details i was asking of it. Maybe i made it print too fast. Ok, fine. I reset the job and printed again with 15mm/s initial and 70mm/s final.

Same thing happened. 

This time i uploaded a single item. I did not print 2 copies of the same job. Basically the print failed because the layers shifted settings were the same, 15mm/s initial and 100mm/s final.

The next step would be to check the file itself by importing it into a 3d modeling software. I will also try to slow the print speed way down. I really do not think this will help. I think is something with the file itself.

If anyone has any tips....

Thanks!

ToliyK    0

After opening the STL and saving as a part file and than saving it back to STL i was hoping that this would eliminate any software glitches. It did not I Printed (base lower) @15mm/s initial and 50 mm/s final and it failed again. The next step would be to try the same file on a Prusa i3 that i built a few months back to see if the issue reoccurs. Another option is to redesign the file from scratch and try to print it that way.

Toliy.

Leeman    0

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use both.

Whenever I use USB, it usually cuts out at random times, so I dont use it.

I used SD Card for printing

I just updated the firmware and the software and now the print looks like this.. every layer is shifted the same amount in the X-direction. (Before it was just the first few layers, now it is all of them.)   

Y-direction is unaffected.

20170606_161427.jpg

David    6

Hi Leeman

Looks like the issue I've experienced some months ago : the prints were leaning always on the same side using dual extrusion.

I had to upgrade the firmware to Marlin 1.1 RC8. Now the stable version Marlin 1.1 had been released so I'll go for it in your case.

I've made a post in this forum's section for the new firmware upgrade

Hope it helps

David

• Like 1

Leeman    0

David,

Thanks for your reply. This is not occurring on dual print.

It is shifting by the same amount each layer.

I have tightened all of the grub screws in the gears but the problem still exists.

I have tried several different software and firmware without success.

I really don't know what else to do, I have been stuck on this issue for 5 days now.

I am at the point where I want to throw this Mankati machine in the bin and buy a different brand and forget the whole bad experience with this company..

David    6

Hi Leeman

Seems the issue is a software / firmware problem.

Are you still using Marlin 1.0.x or "official" Mankati Firmwares ? If yes, I do recommend to upgrade to an open source Marlin 1.1 with the appropriate configuration.

I have a post in this section of the forum on how to upgrade.

Which hot end are you using ? Right one ?

Have you tried with another slicer than Cura ? I had issues with Simplify 3D because the offset was done by an older version of Marlin with round off errors.

David